Made with Moxie: Just Say No! A Free Selfish Sewing Embroidery Pattern.

September 12, 2013

Just Say No! A Free Selfish Sewing Embroidery Pattern.

Makers seem to have the damnedest time saying no. We can't turn down testing new patterns and joining blog hops. We join every swap. We can't seem to tell our friends and family that we don't really want to hem all their new pants. No is a negative word and it makes us feel bad. But if we can't ever learn to say no, we'll never be able to do any Selfish Sewing. Why have the talents to make beautiful handmade goods to never use them for ourselves every once in a while.

Just Say No! A free embroidery pattern from Made with Moxie to celebrate Selfish Sewing Week.  #selfishsewing

I'll admit to you this: your Selfish Sewing Week hosts are the worst at Just Saying No. Rachael and I are bad. A few weeks ago, she and I were chatting and Rachael joked that she needed to make herself a reminder to Just Say No, but she had said yes to so many things her plate was too full to even consider it. Oh, the irony!

Something had to be done. I made this sweet, fast little embroidery hanging and sent it out to Rachel. I hope she's got it hanging up in her sewing room. Or, no, better yet, by her computer, as that is where all the Yes Saying happens. Then I remembered that we're all violators of the Just Say No rule, so I made the pattern up for everyone to download for free!

It is a PDF that you download (for free) to your computer. Print it out with no scaling or fit to page nonsense and you are good to go. Also, have you tried Pellon Stick and Washaway? I have a hate/hate relationship with my blue water soluble pen. Mostly because it just ends up spreading about my project instead of disappearing. I also do a good amount of embroidery projects on fabrics with colors and patterns making it difficult to transfer patterns too. If you trace your pattern directly onto the Stitch and Washaway, you can then stick it to the front of your fabric and just stitch through it. Then pop it into a bowl of water just like this and you're good to go!

Download the free pattern here!

Just Say No! A free embroidery pattern from Made with Moxie to celebrate Selfish Sewing Week.  #selfishsewing


Do like Nancy Reagan said and Just Say No! (Now I just need to find the time to make one for myself. Ha!) Selfish Sewing is officially on!